What Makes the Holidays a Good Time to Buy or Sell
There are a lot of myths that people believe about Manhattan real estate and the holidays. Plenty of people seem to think it’s a bad time to buy or sell homes in Manhattan and they couldn’t be more wrong. Listing now may actually help your home sell easier and faster than in the months to come.
People have mixed feelings regarding selling real estate during the holiday period. Sellers weigh the impact the holidays will have on their chances of getting their home sold. They imagine juggling showings with family activities, holiday shopping, and seasonal events they must attend.
Following are some good reasons why it’s worth it to put your home on the market now, rather than wait until after the holiday season.
Reasons to List or Buy Before the Holidays
• The market is going strong. You’ll want to catch the autumn wave by not only selling your house in a reasonable amount of time, with solid offers from the more-serious holiday homebuyer, but also finding your next home at a good price. Your competition when bidding on homes will be considerably less at this time of the year.
• Employers may want to relocate some employees in time for the new year so there are relocation buyers are out there shopping for a home during the holidays and they are prepared to buy. These must-move buyers, particularly if they have children, want them to get settled during the holiday season so the kids are ready to enter a new school in January.
• You can limit the number of showings on your home to the timeframe when you want it shown. Talk to us about any special events or parties you have planned and we’re happy to work around them. Sometimes the holidays take you and your family away from the house, and that means easier showings for your Realtor.
• Your home will show better at this time of the year when tastefully decorated for the holidays. Keep it simple and classic, and don’t over-decorate or fill up the rooms with large decorations. Remember that less is more. It will help you to capture the sentimental buyer who catches the holiday spirit when they see your home decorated.
• There will be substantially more homes for sale coming onto the market after the holidays so it’s critical to get your home listed now.
Only you can decide if this is the time to list your home, but the winter months and the holiday season are good reasons to list your home now and shop for a new one. We encourage you to call us at Manhattan Real Estate and let us help you with buying or selling a home in Manhattan this holiday season.