Steps To Home Ownership in Manhattan
Finding that perfect home that you can picture yourself in for the next 5 to 25 years is a great feeling. But don’t let that feeling cloud your judgement and leave you with unexpected issues after the closing. Everyone’s home buying experience is different. Some people find the process of buying a home a little daunting if not overwhelming while others breeze through it easily. We want buying real estate in Manhattan to be a pleasant experience and we’re here to help.
When you hire the Manhattan Real Estate Company to be in your corner, you immediately become a savvy consumer and improve your overall experience. We can help you capitalize on current market opportunities and are ready to assist you in making an informed decision to get you on your path home.
Here are a few things to consider before you buy:
• Confirm that your budget will match what your new home is going to cost on a monthly basis.
• Examine potential neighborhoods with a 24 hour perspective. Are there any dogs howling late at night? Is it a neighborhood you will feel safe in?
• Do multiple practice commutes. One day is not enough time to judge the next 5+ years of driving to work.
• Consider your furniture, electronics and appliances. Will they fit into the new home or will you need to purchase new home furnishings?
• Know the local landscape. Are there any issues you should know about? Make sure you understand how utilities, schools and public services are funded and where they’re located.
• Research the local area to understand its economics, climate, and variables that will be part of your long-term lifestyle.
• Hire an expert to do your own home inspections and attend them if possible.
• Evaluate possible repairs/immediate improvements. Ask the seller to repair them or include the cost into your bidding.
• Know all of the vital systems that connect to the house (electrical, sewage, heating, air conditioning, garbage disposal, and water.) Investigate the ins and outs of these systems.
At Manhattan Real Estate Company we want to help you understand the process of buying a home while taking the stress out of it for you. We will work to find you the right home then be by your side as you go through the steps such as getting pre-approved, negotiating, inspections, contingencies and through to closing.